This is the Linux app named OpenSearch whose latest release can be downloaded as 2.11.0sourcecode.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named OpenSearch with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
OpenSearch is a distributed search and analytics engine based on Apache Lucene. After adding your data to OpenSearch, you can perform full-text searches on it with all of the features you might expect: search by field, search multiple indices, boost fields, rank results by score, sort results by field, and aggregate results. Unsurprisingly, people often use search engines like OpenSearch as the backend for a search application, think Wikipedia or an online store. It offers excellent performance and can scale up and down as the needs of the application grow or shrink. Its distributed design means that you interact with OpenSearch clusters. Each cluster is a collection of one or more nodes, servers that store your data and process search requests. You can run OpenSearch locally on a laptop, its system requirements are minimal, but you can also scale a single cluster to hundreds of powerful machines in a data center.
- OpenSearch organizes data into indices
- Primary and replica shards
- By default, OpenSearch creates a replica shard for each primary shard
- You interact with OpenSearch clusters using the REST API, which offers a lot of flexibility
- Its distributed design means that you interact with OpenSearch clusters
- You can run OpenSearch locally on a laptop
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/opensearch.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.