This is the Linux app named Origami Editor 3D to run in Linux online whose latest release can be downloaded as OrigamiEditor3D.jar. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Origami Editor 3D to run in Linux online with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Origami Editor 3D to run in Linux online
DESCRIPTION:Origami Editor 3D is an advanced paper folding simulator. It uses a what-you-see-is-what-you-get interface and operates with a geometric abstraction of the Yoshizawa-Randlett system. Anything from a simple airplane to John Montroll's omega star can be folded in this editor.
Origami files created with the program preserve the entire folding process, and they can be exported as folding diagrams in PDF, animated GIF files, or even as standalone Java programs displaying the origami in a 3D viewer when opened.
The main purpose of this program is designing origami, but if you only want to learn how to make some origami figures, there is a set of built-in example files that can help you. Currently, there are 34 example figures available.
Please note that this project was created for fun and still is a work in progress. The Discussion forum is open for anyone who wants to report a bug or suggest a new feature.
- Folding operations: reflecting, rotating and cutting
- Various precision improvement options
- Real-time crease pattern calculation
- Export to PDF, OpenCTM, GIF, JAR and PNG
- A continuously growing set of built-in example figures
- Tools for neusis construction
- OrigamiScript, a script language for origami
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/origamieditor3d/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.