This is the Linux app named OSD note whose latest release can be downloaded as OSD_note_1_2.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named OSD note with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
A simple OSD (On Screen Display) text editor. Can become semi-transparent and stay on top of other windows. Features some basic text formatting functionality. Can be useful for making notes while reading documents, to keep a to-do list on screen, etc.
New in version 1.2:
- main menu and right-click menu
- find & replace
- customisable toolbar
- proper Open/Save/Save as behaviour
- open file from command line
- save window position via menu
- few other little things here and there
- Variable transparency
- Text formatting
- Save notes as RTF (rich text format), which is supported by MS Word, WordPad, etc.
- Portable (no installation required)
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/osd-note/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.