This is the Linux app named OzGIS free open-source mapping system whose latest release can be downloaded as OzGIS.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named OzGIS free open-source mapping system with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
OzGIS free open-source mapping system
OzGIS is an extensive mapping system for the analysis and display of geographically referenced data. Map data are downloaded from Census bureaux and map agencies or extracted from your own databases.
The system can be used to to support management decisions associated with, for example, government planning, marketing, sales, site and personnel location, advertising and research.
Systems for Windows, Mac and Ubuntu, source code, sample data files and manuals are included.
DOWNLOAD to your Downloads directory and unzip to Downloads/OzGIS ; see the Files tab for installation instructions.
See the installation manual or "OzGIS Installation" Youtube video for help with getting started.
I am unable to show OzGIS to you, so suggest that you search for "OzGIS lloyd" on Youtube for demonstration videos or "OzGIS" on Pinterest for example maps.
You can mail me at [email protected] or use the Discussion tab or post a ticket for problems.
- Import map data files in many well known formats
- Pre-process data in preparation for display and analysis
- Display attribute data as several types of maps, diagrams and movies
- Display GIS data as overlays on maps or as maps without attribute data
- Display attribute data as histograms and diagrams, alone or on maps
- Manipulate maps, change attribute classification etc, to support decisions
- Generate complicated map layouts using multiple files. Change map features
- Analyse displayed data, interrogate maps and print reports
- Support for site catchments, site location and territory definition
- Map population Census demographics and digitised boundary data from the government organisation that conducts your Census
- Display polygon, line and point data (rivers, cities etc) downloaded from mapping agencies
Government, Science/Research, End Users/Desktop
Fortran, C, Tcl
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/ozgis/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.