This is the Linux app named Pamvotis - IEEE 802.11 WLAN Simulator to run in Linux online whose latest release can be downloaded as Pamv11Source.tar.gz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Pamvotis - IEEE 802.11 WLAN Simulator to run in Linux online with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Pamvotis - IEEE 802.11 WLAN Simulator to run in Linux online
DESCRIPTION:Pamvotis is a Wireless LAN Simulator for all the current physical layer extentions of the IEEE 802.11 (IEEE 802.11 a/b/g) standard and for the IEEE 802.11e Draft for Quality of Service in WLANs.
- Support of data rate agility. This means that each node can work on its own data rate, depending on the distance from the receiver.
- Support of the hidden terminal problem. Nodes can be configured to be in LOS or NLOS, in order the hidden terminal problem to be investigated.
- Support of multiple sources on each node (new in Pamvotis 1.1).
- Support of a variety of different traffic sources: * Generic (abstract) traffic source, that produces traffic the packet generation rate and packet size of which can obey different distributions (new in Pamvotis 1.1): * FTP traffic source, as described in 3GPP TR 25.892 V.6.0.0. * HTTP traffic source, as described in 3GPP TR 25.892 V.6.0.0. * Video traffic source, as described in 3GPP TR 25.892 V.6.0.0.
- Support of all new physical layers of the IEEE 802.11g specification which include: * ERP-DSSS/CCK: Support of IEEE 802.11 data rates (1, 2 Mb/s) and IEEE 802.11b data rates (1, 2, 5.5 and 11 Mb/s). * ERP-OFDM: Support of all extended data rates defined in IEEE 802.11a and IEEE 802.11g (6, 9, 12, 18, 24, 36, 48, 54 Mb/s). * ERP-PBCC: Support of the extended data rates of 22Mb/s and 33Mb/s. * DSSS-OFDM: Support of the extended rates of the IEEE 802.11a with DSSS preamble and OFDM payload
- Support of absence / existence of non-ERP nodes. This advantage utilizes the option of the IEEE 802.11g protocol to adjust the network parameters depending if all nodes support IEEE 802.11g (absence of non-ERP nodes) or some nodes support only 802.11b or earlier (existence of non-ERP nodes).
- Support of the new CTS-to-Self virtual carrier sense and protection mechanism: This means that a node can support RTS/CTS or the new (defined in IEEE 802.11g specification) CTS-to-Self virtual carrier sense mechanism for better network performance.
- Support of the IEEE 802.11e EDCA function for Quality of Service (QoS) and Service Differentiation in IEEE 802.11 WLANs.
- Support of many statistic results, which show detailed information concerning the MAC layer performance. Those are: Throughput in bits and packets per second, utilization, media access delay, queuing delay, total packet delay, delay jitter, mean number of retransmission attempts and mean packet queue length.
- Many functions (for developers), that help use Pamvotis as an embedded simulator effectively, like adding or removing sources and nodes at any time (new in Pamvotis 1.1).
- Cross platform operation,meaning operation in any OS with Java Runtime Environment installed (Windows, Linux, Solaris, MacOS).
- User friendly interface, which allows quick and easy simulation configurations.
Science/Research, Education, Telecommunications Industry, Developers, Engineering
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/pamvotis/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.