This is the Linux app named PathFinding.js whose latest release can be downloaded as 0.4.17.tar.gz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named PathFinding.js with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
The aim of this project is to provide a path-finding library that can be easily incorporated into web games. It may run on Node.js or the browser. It comes along with an online demo to show how the algorithms execute. (The pathfinding speed is slowed down in the demo). Note that this project only provides path-finding algorithms for 2D space. If you need to work in a 3D environment, then you may use @schteppe's fork. When instantiating path-finders, you may pass in additional parameters to indicate which specific strategies to use. For all path-finders, you may indicate whether diagonal movement is allowed. The default value is false, which means that the path can only go orthogonally. When diagonal movement is enabled, you might want to prevent the path from touching the corners of the occupied grid blocks. This is usually desirable if the objects using the path have physical width and can also move between the grid cells.
- It works in both node.js and browser environments
- A great visualization of the different pathfinding algorithms is available
- PathFinding.js supports installation using npm and bower command line tools
- The default gulp task does everything(except running the benchmarks)
- Provides path-finding algorithms for 2D space
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/pathfinding-js.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.