This is the Linux app named Pelican whose latest release can be downloaded as Pelican4.7.2.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Pelican with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Pelican is a static site generator that requires no database or server-side logic. Chronological content (e.g., articles, blog posts) as well as static pages. Integration with external services. Site themes (created using Jinja2 templates). Publication of articles in multiple languages. Generation of Atom and RSS feeds. Code syntax highlighting via Pygments. Import existing content from WordPress, Dotclear, or RSS feeds. Fast rebuild times due to content caching and selective output writing. Extensible via a rich plugin ecosystem, Pelican Plugins. Pelican considers “articles” to be chronological content, such as posts on a blog, and thus associated with a date. The idea behind “pages” is that they are usually not temporal in nature and are used for content that does not change very often (e.g., “About” or “Contact” pages). Pelican tries to be smart enough to get the information it needs from the file system.
- Write content in reStructuredText or Markdown markup
- Completely static output is easy to host anywhere
- Themes that can be customized via Jinja templates
- Publish content in multiple languages
- Import from WordPress, RSS feeds, and other services
- Modular plugin system and corresponding plugin repository
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/pelican.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.