This is the Linux app named phpBB Multiple Domain SSO whose latest release can be downloaded as phpbb_multi_domain_sso_with_wordpress_auth_v_0.1.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named phpBB Multiple Domain SSO with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
phpBB Multiple Domain SSO
DESCRIPTIONWhat these code modifications do, is to create a single sign on across different, multiple domains for both phpbb and other sites/codes/apps to use.
These modifications use phpbb user tables, sessions, everything.
What it does is to set cookies for each domain through using iframes, which load some connect.php file that is placed on the other remote domains which needs authentication from phpbb. This is how numerous sites like facebook do it. Currently there is no other way of legally setting cookies for different domains than the one that is active. You have to have a page that loads up all the cookie setting codes from remote domains.
However the loading up of authentication page, the remote authenticator pages in their iframes, and the redirection is VERY fast, taking only 1 seconds or 1.5 seconds. just like how you see in facebook etc - or any other site that uses this method.
All files contain extensive comments, and also include configuration variables to change.
Non-Profit Organizations, Information Technology, Developers
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/phpbbmultisso/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.