This is the Linux app named PiShare whose latest release can be downloaded as retroshare_v0.5.5b_r6833_ARMHF.tar.gz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named PiShare with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
compiled RetroShare binaries, and packaged for Raspberry Pi using Debian 7.0 Wheezy ARMHF known Raspbian
If you want to compile it yourself, download the source-tarball, it is only ~7MB big, or pull the code repository with SubVersioN.
compiling takes up to 2-3 hours.
install the .deb files with dpkg -i "retrosharefilename".deb
if necessary make a "apt-get update && apt-get upgrade" to update your system for all
how to start it in a detached screen session:
screen -t retroshare -dmS RetroShare retroshare -display :0
If you run headless, i suggest to use X11VNC to control it remote.
or use the nogui binary
Files available for download:
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/pishare/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.