This is the Linux app named PingMe whose latest release can be downloaded as pingme_Darwin_x86_64.tar.gz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named PingMe with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
PingMe is a personal project to satisfy my needs of having alerts, most major platforms have integration to send alerts but its not always useful, either you are stuck with one particular platform, or you have to do alot of integrations. I needed a small app which i can just call from my backup scripts, cron jobs, CI/CD pipelines or from anywhere to send a message with particular information. And i can ship it everywhere with ease. Hence, the birth of PingMe.
Everything is configurable via environment variables, and you can simply export the logs or messages to a variable which will be sent as message, and most of all this serves as a swiss army knife sort of tool which supports multiple platforms.
System Administrators, End Users/Desktop, Quality Engineers, Testers, Security Professionals
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/pingme-cli/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.