This is the Linux app named Protdraw whose latest release can be downloaded as Protdraw_01.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Protdraw with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
For ProtDraw to work on MacOS Yosemite, you must install a patched Pert Tk. Go to https://github.com/eserte/perl-tk and click the Download zip button. Run the unzip command, cd to the extracted directory and follow the directions in the 'INSTALL' file (using 'sudo' if necessary).
ProtDraw creates flexible, easily-interpretable and portable illustrations of the domain structures of input sequences. ProtDraw is accompanied by makeProtDraw, a helper program which runs hmmer3 on a specified set of hidden Markov models and formats results for ProtDraw. Highest-scoring domains are selected in cases of overlap. Domain drawings may be organized by sequence classification.
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/protdraw/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.