This is the Linux app named Protospacer Workbench whose latest release can be downloaded as Protospacer_Workbench.MacOSX.64bit.tar.gz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Protospacer Workbench with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
DESCRIPTIONProtospacer Workbench helps to design, analyze, and share CRISPR target-sites for any organism or set of FASTA formatted sequences.
Design of guide-RNAs for the CRISPR/Cas genome editing system is intuitively easy, but computationally difficult. The main difficulty arises from the need to identify potential off-targets that may be quite different from the intended target. Current online tools for guide-RNA design provide a user friendly interface to sequence mapping software such as Bowtie or BLAST. However, while fast, these mapping algorithms were not designed with a high tolerance to error, a feature critical to determining potential off-targets. Where online tools fail, offline tools succeed. However, offline tools require knowledge of the command line which few, who employ CRISPR, have. Protospacer Workbench aims to bridge the gap between online and offline guide-RNA design. The software is currently available for OS X and will be ported to other operating systems soon.
- Find all available CRISPR targets quickly
- Evaluate guide-RNA designs thoroughly
- Share targets and guide-RNA lists
- Design for any organism
- Manage multiple databases
- Step-by-step workflow
- Get reports on expected guide-RNA performance
- Make use of multiple third-party tools from one interface
- Multi-target design
- Manage large target/guide-RNA lists
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/protospacerwb/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.