This is the Linux app named Pysimony to run in Linux online whose latest release can be downloaded as Pysimony.py. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Pysimony to run in Linux online with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Pysimony to run in Linux online
DESCRIPTION:UPDATE: After some bug fixes, I've ditched Pysimony for Javamony: https://sourceforge.net/projects/javamony/
Given Python's beauty, I know that someday I will have to finish Pysimony.
A student's first attempt at a phylogenetic inference program, written in the simplistic yet elegant Python.
Pysimony reads a FASTA file (only ATGC accepted) specified as its only argument. Basic testing has shown that it is slow, inaccurate and most definitely inefficient. An unlikely-to-be-the-most-parsimonious tree is printed upon completion in basic Newick tree format.
As all parts of the program are the original work of a beginner programmer, this may represent one of the worst approaches to solving the phylogenetic problem. I have clearly avoided object-oriented programming.
Nevertheless, I distribute this imagining it might someday be slightly educational or at least provide a laugh at the pathetic attempt it makes to reinvent the wheel
- Flawed parsimony calculator
- Reads FASTA files (only ATGC)
- Outputs tree in Newick format
- Simple, single mode
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/pysimony/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.