This is the Linux app named pyspread whose latest release can be downloaded as pyspread-1.0.tar.gz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named pyspread with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Pyspread is a non-traditional spreadsheet application that is based on and written in the programming language Python.
The goal of pyspread is to be the most pythonic spreadsheet.
Pyspread expects Python expressions in its grid cells, which makes a spreadsheet specific language obsolete. Each cell returns a Python object that can be accessed from other cells. These objects can represent anything including lists or matrices.
+ Python (>=2.7, <3.0)
+ numpy (>=1.1.0)
+ wxPython (>=18.104.22.168, Unicode version required)
+ matplotlib (>=1.1.1)
+ pycairo (>=1.8.8)
+ python-gnupg (>=0.3.0, for opening own files without approval)
+ xlrd (>=0.9.2, for loading Excel® files)
+ xlwt (>=0.9.2, for saving Excel files, pyspread >=v0.3.0 required)
+ jedi (>=0.8.0, for tab completion and context help in the entry line, pyspread >=v0.3.0 required)
+ basemap (>=1.0.7, for the weather example pys file)
- In-cell Python expressions
- Macro editor
- Matplotlib charts
- Image diasplay in cells
- CSV support
- Unicode support
- Access to 3rd party Python libraries
Advanced End Users, Developers, End Users/Desktop
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/pyspread/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.