This is the Linux app named QBlade whose latest release can be downloaded as QBlade_win_v0.96.3_64bit.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named QBlade with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
NEW QBlade v0.96.3
v0.96.3 includes a hotfix for a problem leading to crashes during polar extrapolation!
Guidelines will be updated soon, until then use the Guidelines v0.95 document: https://goo.gl/htvb34
QBlade is a Blade Element Momentum Method (BEM), Double Multiple Streamtube (DMS) and nonlinear Lifting Line Theory (LLT) Design and Simulation Software for Vertical- and Horizontal Axis Wind Turbines. It also includes tools to setup and simulate the internal blade structure and perform an aeroelastic analysis of a wind turbine rotor in turbulent inflow conditions through a coupling with FAST from NREL
Feature video: https://goo.gl/VAJ7ww
- Airfoil design and simulation using XFOIL viscous/inviscid analysis
- Extrapolation of XFOIL generated or imported polar data to 360° AoA
- Wind turbine blade design and optimization for horizontal and vertical axis rotors
- Storing of projects, rotors, turbines and simulations in a runtime database
- Computation of rotor and turbine performance over tip speed ratio or windspeed range
- Definition of a blade structural model & modal analysis computation
- Generator for turbulent windfields
- Unsteady lifting line simulations for VAWT & HAWT
- Unsteady Aerodynamics & Dynamic Stall
- ParaView compatibility
- PNoise: Airfoil self-noise evaluation
- Fully coupled with FAST structural simulator from NREL
Aerospace, Science/Research, Education, Engineering
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/qblade/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.