This is the Linux app named RAWImaging whose latest release can be downloaded as rawimaging-2.0.gtk2.i386.tar.gz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named RAWImaging with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
DESCRIPTIONForensic (but not only) graphical frontend to work with binary images (RAW) of media in GNU/Linux. These images are universal and can be installed using both standard operating systems and popular forensic software such as Encase, Sleuthkit/Autopsy, etc. in all operating systems).
The idea of the project is to implement a fast, convenient and safe making of legal copies and manipulating with images, by means of GNU/Linux, without the need for expensive hardware write lock on the media, it is necessary in the existing solutions under Windows. Also the program can be used as a last chance to rescue data from a dying media by software.
- The interface is designed in such a way as to minimize the possibility of data loss when used as a result of user's error or hardware failure. In this case the program is transparent to those who used to work manually on the command line.
- Copy the contents of the hard disk image file by means of a popular tool dd_rescue, which allows to obtain a copy of even heavily damaged media.
- Automatic resume after the break up, for example, in case of loss of a disk or hardware failure. This further increases the chance to make a copy of the damaged disk in case of degradation during the second reading, or just save time.
- Calculation MD5 and SHA-1 checksum of the image captured.
- Ability to deploy the image file on a physical medium. This allows the drive to return the modified data to its original state, run the OS from the image file on a physical PC, completely transfer the data to other media, etc.
- Easy to mount and unmount partitions with data of image file.
- The program can be easily integrated into the Live CD.
- Available build for qt and gtk both.
System Administrators, End Users/Desktop, Security Professionals, Security
Object Pascal, Lazarus, Free Pascal
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/rawimaging/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.