This is the Linux app named ReDex whose latest release can be downloaded as v2017.10.31.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named ReDex with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
ReDex is an Android bytecode (dex) optimizer originally developed at Facebook. It provides a framework for reading, writing, and analyzing .dex files, and a set of optimization passes that use this framework to improve the bytecode. An APK optimized by ReDex should be smaller and faster than its source. Redex provides a framework for reading, writing, and analyzing .dex files, and a set of optimization passes that use this framework to improve the bytecode. An APK optimized by Redex should be smaller and faster. Fewer bytes also means faster download times, faster install times, and lower data usage for cell users. Lastly, less bytecode also typically translates into faster runtime performance. Redex has deep integration with Buck where your Redex config is passed as a parameter to the Buck android_binary rule when generating the APK.
- Buck Integration
- We use package managers to resolve third-party library dependencies
- Optionally, you can run our unit test suite
- If you want some statistics about each pass, you can turn on tracing
- The MSYS2 build relies on CMake
- Some ReDex tests require a Java environment and Android compiler tooling
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/redex.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.