This is the Linux app named REDUCE to run in Linux online whose latest release can be downloaded as Reduce-svn5286-src.tar.gz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named REDUCE to run in Linux online with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
REDUCE to run in Linux online
DESCRIPTIONREDUCE is an interactive system for general algebraic computations of interest to mathematicians, scientists and engineers. It can be used interactively for simple calculations but also provides a flexible and expressive user programming language.
The development of the REDUCE computer algebra system was started in the 1960s by Anthony C. Hearn. Since then, many scientists from all over the world have contributed to its development. REDUCE has a long and distinguished place in the history of computer algebra systems. Other systems that address some of the same issues but sometimes with rather different emphasis are Axiom, Derive, Macsyma (Maxima), Maple, Mathematica and MuPAD.
REDUCE primarily runs on either Portable Standard Lisp (PSL) or Codemist Standard Lisp (CSL), both of which are included in the SourceForge distribution. By modern standards, REDUCE is a surprisingly small and compact application, which runs well on all major operating systems.
- arbitrary precision integer and rational arithmetic
- algorithms for polynomials and rational functions
- facilities for the solution of a variety of algebraic equations;
- automatic and user controlled simplification of expressions
- substitutions and pattern matching in a wide variety of forms
- analytic differentiation and integration
- computations with a wide variety of special functions
- Dirac matrix calculations of interest to high energy physicists
- quantifier elimination and decision for interpreted first-order logic
- powerful intuitive user-level programming language
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/reduce-algebra/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.