This is the Linux app named rRNAFinder whose latest release can be downloaded as rRNAFinder-v1.1.1.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named rRNAFinder with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
rRNAFinder is a small perl software package, which can be used to automatically predict and classify the ribosome RNA genes using the assembled genome/metagenome contigs as input. The software were only tested on the Linux operating system.
"rRNAFinder.pl" program included in the package uses nhmmer program searching against the arc.hmm, bac.hmm, and euk.hmm databases to identify rRNA genes from the input contigs. The predicated rRNA genes include 16S, 18S, 23S, 28S, 5S, and 5.8S rRNA genes.
The "rna2taxon.pl" program accepts the above generated fasta format rRNA gene sequences as an input to produce the taxonomic assignments for the input genes. The input rRNA gene sequences are searched against the downloaded and reformatted SILVA SSU and LSU databases using blastn.
Please refer to the README.md file from rRNAFinder GitHub repository located at https://github.com/xiaoli-dong/rRNAFinder for instructions on configuring and running rRNAFinder
- Predict rRNA genes (5s, 5.8s, 16s, 18s, 23s, 28s rRNA genes)
- Taxonomic assignment of the predicted rRNA genes using blastn search against SILVA SSU and LSU databases
- Fast and can use multiple CPU threads
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/rrnafinder/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.