This is the Linux app named SAGA GIS whose latest release can be downloaded as saga-2.2.2.tar.gz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named SAGA GIS with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
SAGA - System for Automated Geoscientific Analyses - is a Geographic Information System (GIS) software with immense capabilities for geodata processing and analysis. SAGA is programmed in the object oriented C++ language and supports the implementation of new functions with a very effective Application Programming Interface (API). Functions are organised as modules in framework independent Module Libraries and can be accessed via SAGA’s Graphical User Interface (GUI) or various scripting environments (shell scripts, Python, R, ...).
Please provide the following reference in your work if you are using SAGA:
Conrad, O., Bechtel, B., Bock, M., Dietrich, H., Fischer, E., Gerlitz, L., Wehberg, J., Wichmann, V., and Boehner, J. (2015): System for Automated Geoscientific Analyses (SAGA) v. 2.1.4. Geosci. Model Dev., 8, 1991-2007, doi:10.5194/gmd-8-1991-2015.
- Object oriented system design (C++)
- Modular structure allows framework independent function development
- SAGA API with immense support for geodata handling
- GUI for intuitive data management, analysis and visualization
- Runs on Linux as well as on Windows operating systems
- Portable software running without installation even from memory sticks (MSW)
- Free and Open Source Software (FOSS)
- Scripting via command line, Python, Java, R
- Far more than 450 freely available functions for geodata analysis
- Georeferencing and cartographic projections
- Grid interpolation of scattered point data, triangulation, IDW, splines, ...
- Vector tools: clipping, buffer zones, raster to vector conversion, ...
- Image analysis: filters, supervised classification, PCA, FFT, OBIA, ...
- Geostatistics: GWR, variograms, ordinary & universal Kriging, ...
- Terrain analysis: morphometry, hydrology, illumination, classification, ...
- and many more ...
Government, Science/Research, Education, Developers, End Users/Desktop
Gnome, Win32 (MS Windows), Command-line, wxWidgets, Windows Aero
PostgreSQL (pgsql), ODBC
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/saga-gis/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.