This is the Linux app named scanbd whose latest release can be downloaded as scanbd--1.3.1.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named scanbd with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
scanbd is a scanner button daemon. It polls the scanner buttons looking for buttons pressed or function knob changes or other scanner events as paper inserts / removals and at the same time allows also scan-applications to access the scanners. If buttons are pressed, etc., various actions can be submitted (scan, copy, email, ...) via action scripts. The function knob values are passed to the action-scripts as well. Scan actions are also signaled via dbus. This can be useful for foreign applications. Scans can also be triggered via dbus from foreign applications. On platforms which support signaling of dynamic device insertion / removal (libudev, dbus, hal) scanbd supports this as well. scanbd can use all sane-backends or some special backends from the (old) scanbuttond project.
Supported platforms: Linux, FreeBSD, NetBSD, OpenBSD
Advanced End Users, System Administrators
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/scanbd/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.