This is the Linux app named Scanned Image Extractor whose latest release can be downloaded as SIE-0.2.601.tar.bz2. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Scanned Image Extractor with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Scanned Image Extractor
DESCRIPTION:Scanning albums is not an easy task, since the extraction of actual photographs within scans is usually very tedious.
This tool allows you to scan as much as you can fit into your scanner and then semi-automatedly extract the contained photographs.
The tool also allows to extract scans of multiple single photographs (i.e. without album)
Find a full documentation here: http://dominik-ruess.de/scannerExtract/
Note: The scanning itself is the most time consuming part. Maker sure you optimize that process. (see some hints on the link above.)
Hint: **I NEED YOUR DATA**. If you have scans which won't be recognized well give me these (If they're not too personal etc - I won't use it for anything else than to improve this software).
You might be interested in my other photography project (organize photographs and videos): https://sourceforge.net/projects/pivot-photo/
- extract photograph from album scans
- scan and extract multiple single photographs at once
- automatically suggest photographs in scans
- aspect ratio enforcement
- supports 16 Bit reading and writing
- efficient processing with keyboard shortcuts
- pre-processing next scans in background
Advanced End Users, Other Audience
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/scannedimageextractor/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.