This is the Linux app named SCS whose latest release can be downloaded as SCS_1_1_0_1.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named SCS with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
SCS (Simple Client Server) is a lightweight framework to build server/client applications in .NET. Check this article for usage: http://www.codeproject.com/KB/IP/TCP-Server-Client.aspx
- Allows remote method calls from client to server and from server to client easily.
- No proxy generating is needed. It uses dynamic proxy to call remote methods.
- Allows clients to automatically reconnect to the server.
- Allows clients to automatically ping to the server to keep the connection available when no communication occurs with the server for a while.
- Allows the server to register events for new client connections, disconnecting of a client, etc.
- Allows clients to register events for connecting and disconnecting.
- It can be used just like Web Services to perform Request/Reply style remote method calls, but it is primarily designed for long session connections between clients and the server.
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/netscs/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.