This is the Linux app named SFXCompress-gui whose latest release can be downloaded as sfxcompress-bundle.tar.bz2. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named SFXCompress-gui with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
SFXCompress is an utility used to pack and/or encrypt a directory on a self-extracting file. It also includes the calculation of the MD5 function to check if the compressed file is correct.
SFXCompress-gui is the graphical user interface written in Java of the Console utility sfxcompress.
The Application comes also with the console version.
MAC users, download "SFXCompress-bundle.dmg", double click and execute the script "InstallationScript" included into the dmg image.
Linux Users: download "sfxcompress-bundle.tar.gz" or "sfxcompress-bundle.tar" and execute the script "install".
- Easy to use
- Multi-platform: tested on Ubuntu and Mac OS
- Multi-language: English, French, and Spanish
- Encription using GPG is possible
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/sfxcompressgui/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.