This is the Linux app named Shairport Sync whose latest release can be downloaded as SecurityUpdates,BugFixesandEnhancements.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Shairport Sync with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Shairport Sync adds multi-room capability with audio synchronization. Shairport Sync is an AirPlay 1 audio player. Switch to the development branch for a version with limited AirPlay 2 functionality. Shairport Sync plays audio streamed from iTunes, iOS, Apple TV and macOS devices and AirPlay sources such as Quicktime Player and OwnTone, among others. Audio played by a Shairport Sync-powered device stays synchronized with the source and hence with similar devices playing the same source. In this way, synchronized multi-room audio is possible for players that support it, such as iTunes and the macOS Music app. Shairport Sync runs on Linux, FreeBSD and OpenBSD. It does not support AirPlay video or photo streaming. Shairport Sync offers full audio synchronization, a feature of AirPlay that previous implementations do not provide. Full audio synchronization means that audio is played on the output device at exactly the time specified by the audio source.
- Shairport Sync must have direct access to the output device used
- Alternatively, Shairport Sync works well with PulseAudio
- For other use cases, Shairport Sync can provide synchronized audio output to a unix pipe or to standard output
- The AirPlay protocol uses an agreed latency
- Shairport Sync implements full audio synchronization when used with alsa, sndio or PulseAudio systems
- Timestamps are referenced relative to the source computer's clock
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/shairport-sync.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.