This is the Linux app named Simplest Android Web Suite whose latest release can be downloaded as SAWS.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Simplest Android Web Suite with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Simplest Android Web Suite
SAWS: Simplest Android Web Suite
SAWS is an open-source build engine that allows you to turn a HTML5-based client web application into a mobile application for Android OS. Given the folder with your web app (HTML, JS, CSS) and its title, it outputs ready-to-use APK file with this application.
- Linux or other Unix-based OS with Bash shell
- Java SDK (sun-java6-sdk or the latest openjdk version)
- Android SDK installed with Android 2.1 (android-7) available as a target
After unzipping, you must specify the exact path to your Android SDK folder (without last slash) in sdk.ini that resides in SAWS root folder:
/path/to/saws-build [application name] [webapp folder] [output apk file]
~/saws/saws-build "My Cool App" ~/webapp/ ~/nice.apk
After this your nice.apk is ready to be installed on your device. SAWS does all the dirty work (assembly, compilation, signing and zipalign) for you.
Non-Profit Organizations, Telecommunications Industry, Developers
Handheld/Mobile/PDA, Web-based, Command-line
Unix Shell, Java
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/saweb/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.