This is the Linux app named SpatialGridBuilder whose latest release can be downloaded as grid_builder_0_7905_point_speed.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named SpatialGridBuilder with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
DESCRIPTIONIf you're a social scientist looking to incorporate spatial factors into your research, but you find the learning curve of GIS methods too steep, then SpatialGridBuilder could be for you.
SpatialGridBuilder provides a graphical user interface to create spatial data grids. It contains many in-built variables, but also allows you to import your own point data and shapefiles.
- Create new spatial grid
- View existing spatial grid
- Add land mask
- Add state mask
- Add ACLED conflict data
- Add UCDP GED conflict data
- Determine distance
- Determine spatial lag
- Measure mountainous/ rugged terrain
- Measure infrastructure proxy
- Measure night lights
- Measure monthly rainfall
- Add infant mortality rate
- Measure tree cover
- Create dummy variables
- Import point data
- Import radial point data
- Import polygon data (.shp files)
- Import raster data
- Two dimensional point visualisations
- Two dimensional weighted point visualisations
- Three dimensional visualisations
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/spatialgridbuilder/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.