This is the Linux app named speedtest-cli whose latest release can be downloaded as v2.1.3.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named speedtest-cli with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Command line interface for testing internet bandwidth using speedtest.net. It is not a goal of this application to be a reliable latency reporting tool. Latency reported by this tool should not be relied on as a value indicative of ICMP style latency. It is a relative value used for determining the lowest latency server for performing the actual speed test against. Speedtest CLI brings the trusted technology and global server network behind Speedtest to the command line. Measure internet connection performance metrics like download, upload, latency and packet loss natively without relying on a web browser. Test the internet connection of your Linux desktop, a remote server or even lower-powered devices such as the Raspberry Pi with the Speedtest Server Network. Set up automated scripts to collect connection performance data, including trends over time.
- This application is written in Python
- Speedtest.net has migrated to using pure socket tests instead of HTTP based tests
- Different versions of Python will execute certain parts of the code faster than others
- CPU and Memory capacity and speed will play a large part in inconsistency between Speedtest.net and even other machines on the same network
- View test results via CSV, JSONL or JSON
- Speedtest-cli works with Python 2.4-3.7
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/speedtest-cli.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.