This is the Linux app named Stacks whose latest release can be downloaded as linux-arm64.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Stacks with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Stacks 2.0 is a layer-1 blockchain that connects to Bitcoin for security and enables decentralized apps and predictable smart contracts. Stacks 2.0 implements Proof of Transfer (PoX) mining that anchors to Bitcoin security. Leader election happens at the Bitcoin blockchain and Stacks (STX) miners write new blocks on the separate Stacks blockchain. With PoX there is no need to modify Bitcoin to enable smart contracts and apps around it. Normal releases in this repository that add features such as improved RPC endpoints, improved boot-up time, new event observer fields or event types, etc., are released on a monthly schedule. The currently staged changes for such releases are in the development branch. It is generally safe to run a stacks-node from that branch, though it has received less rigorous testing than release tags. If bugs are found in the develop branch, please do report them as issues on this repository.
- Stacks improvement proposals (SIPs) are aimed at describing the implementation of the Stacks blockchain
- Download and build stacks-blockchain
- Encode and sign transactions
- The 515 is the transaction fee, denominated in microSTX
- Publish your contract
- Reading from/writing to the contract
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/stacks.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.