This is the Linux app named SWAN whose latest release can be downloaded as swan4131.tar.gz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named SWAN with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
SWAN is a third-generation wave model, developed at Delft University of Technology, that computes random, short-crested wind-generated waves in coastal regions and inland waters.
- third-generation spectral wave model
- designed for applications in coastal seas, estuaries, reefs and lakes
- use of highly flexible, unstructured grids
- use of a stiffly-stable scheme, so time step is not restricted by the CFL number
- includes user-friendly pre- and post-processing
- portable to many operating systems (e.g. Windows, Linux and Mac)
- source code is highly flexible, accessible and easily extendible
- better performance is achieved on multi-core CPUs using MPI
Science/Research, Education, Advanced End Users, Developers, Engineering
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/swanmodel/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.