This is the Linux app named sWangTiler whose latest release can be downloaded as sWangTiler.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named sWangTiler with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
sWangTiler is a java implementation that generates wang tiles from any given input image.
By assembling wang tiles that share common edges (like domino pieces) one may generate textures of any desired size.
Wang tiles greatly reduce visible repetitions making textures seem more natural and thus improve the quality of any graphic application like games, simulations etc.
This implementation is based on the strict wang tile algorithm as proposed by Xinyu Zhang and Young J. Kim in "Efficient Texture Synthesis Using Strict Wang Tiles". In order to calculate the lowest cost path between any edge- and sample image an implementation of Dijkstra's algorithm is used which was found in the java graph library 'JGraphT'.
Credits to all mentioned parties and to http://www.texturemate.com/.
- Generate a group of 4, 8 or 16 Wang tiles
- Supports Wang tiles in multiple resolutions:16x16, 32x32, 64x64, 128x128
- Colors indicate common edges
- Create large preview texture from tiles
- Save tiles individualy or packed as one image
- Download includes folder with various images that proved to work extremely well with this program
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/swangtiler/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.