This is the Linux app named SWASH whose latest release can be downloaded as swash-7.01.tar.gz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named SWASH with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
SWASH is a general-purpose numerical tool for simulating unsteady, non-hydrostatic, free-surface, rotational flow and transport phenomena in coastal waters as driven by waves, tides, buoyancy and wind forces. It provides a general basis for describing wave transformations from deep water to a beach, port or harbour, complex changes to rapidly varied flows, and density driven flows in coastal seas, estuaries, lakes and rivers.
- non-hydrostatic wave-flow model
- suitable for small-scale coastal and large-scale ocean applications
- includes user-friendly pre- and post-processing
- portable to many operating systems (e.g. Windows, Linux and Mac)
- no need to install other packages or special libraries (e.g. PETSc, HYPRE)
- source code is highly flexible, accessible and easily extendible
- better performance is achieved on multi-core CPUs using MPI
Science/Research, Education, Advanced End Users, Developers, Engineering
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/swash/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.