This is the Linux app named Swift whose latest release can be downloaded as Swift5.9.1Releasesourcecode.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Swift with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Swift is a high-performance, general-purpose programming language built with a modern approach to safety, performance, and software design patterns. With a clean and modern syntax, it offers seamless access to existing C and Objective-C code and frameworks.
Swift makes it easy to write software that is incredibly fast and safe by design. It comes packaged with core features like flow control, data structures and functions, with high-level constructs like objects, protocols, closures, and generics. Its many features make it a language that is powerful, yet fun to use. It’s no wonder that Swift has quickly become one of the fastest growing languages in history.
- Supports inferred types to make code cleaner and less prone to mistakes
- Modules eliminate headers and provide namespaces
- Memory is managed automatically
- Closures unified with function pointers
- Tuples and multiple return values
- Fast and concise iteration over a range or collection
- Structs that support methods, extensions, and protocols
- Functional programming patterns, e.g., map and filter
- Powerful error handling built-in
- Advanced control flow with do, guard, defer, and repeat keywords
- Built for safety, it eliminates entire classes of unsafe code
- Open source
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/swift.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.