This is the Linux app named SysBackup whose latest release can be downloaded as sysbackup-v3018a.tgz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named SysBackup with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
SysBackup helps you Be Prepared to recover from disasters of different types as well as collect the data you need to respond to the day-to-day information requests you get from your user community
SysBackup is designed to perform automated one-step full backups that are as fine-grained as you need for easy data retrieval, written to local and/or remote network storage, optionally encrypted for security on public systems, in automatically pruned daily, weekly and monthly rotations, using algorythms designed to save disk space and network bandwidth (almost as if you generated only incremental backupsets,) using a growing collection of specialized backup plugins, for services such as MySQL and MailMan, that automatically collect and organize information for you
The Quick Install utility allows you to be up-and-running with a minimum of effort, easy job configuration allows you to tweak your backups as issues arise and specialized plugins execute complex tasks for you in a single job
- Easily setup and manage automated nightly backups of any server or workstation
- Use local storage on available disk space with simultaneous remote storage via Secure Copy
- Make full backups using the disk space and network bandwidth of incremental backups.
- Optionally encrypt backupsets for storage on cloud-based services such as Amazon Web Services.
- Carefully specify folders and plugins to create fine-grained tarballs of often-requested data or choose plugins that create bulk tarballs of folders containing less-frequently requested information
- Automatically manages daily, weekly and monthly rotations, with pruning, for unattended operation over long periods of time
- PLUGIN & JOB-BASED ARCHITECTURE
- Easy setup of Jobs to:
- Specify groups of files and folders to backup into fine-grained or coarse-grained tarballs according to needs.
- Specify services, such as MySQL servers and MailMan installations, to be fully backed-up using plugins specially designed for them.
- Specify system elements to be backed-up using plugins that aid in system reconstruction and/or migration.
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/autosysbackup/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.