This is the Linux app named thinkfan whose latest release can be downloaded as thinkfan-1.2.1.tar.gz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named thinkfan with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
A simple fan control program. Read temperatures, check them against configured limits and switch to appropriate (also pre-configured) fan level. Requires a working thinkpad_acpi or any other hwmon driver that enables temperature reading and fan control from userspace.
- per-sensor temperature limits
- arbitrary strings as fan level (supports "disengaged" and "auto" modes on thinkpads)
- some sanity checks (cough)
- DANGEROUS mode which allows you to destroy your hardware
- ability to destroy your hardware even without dangerous mode if you try hard enough
Advanced End Users
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/thinkfan/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.