This is the Linux app named ufov to run in Linux online whose latest release can be downloaded as ufov-3.0.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named ufov to run in Linux online with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
ufov to run in Linux online
DESCRIPTION:Python and pygame cross platform program to exercise the brain with the intention of enhancing useful field of view, also known as speed of responsiveness.
This yields benefits in driving, motility, and even depressive symptoms, as described in research papers of randomized, double blind trials. Whether ufov exercise the brain to yield those benefits is unknown, since there are no research studies using it. The research is conducted with a commercial product that I have not seen or used. I used the description of what useful field of view is supposed to do to create this program for experimental purposes. I notice personal changes from using the program, but that is only anecdotal evidence.
I was especially struck by the research that found a significant decrease in dementia for those who used such a program to exercise their brain.
For a full description of the program, and links to some information about useful field of view, see the project web page.
- cross platform
- runs from a text terminal, uses gui for display
- brain games
- brain training
- brain exercise
Science/Research, End Users/Desktop, Other Audience
X Window System (X11), Cocoa (MacOS X), Console/Terminal, Windows Aero
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/ufov/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.