This is the Linux app named Units of measurement for Ada whose latest release can be downloaded as units_converter.exe.gz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Units of measurement for Ada with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Units of measurement for Ada
The library provides an implementation of dimensioned values for Ada. Unit checks are made at run-time, if not optimized out by the compiler. SI and irregular measurement units are supported. Shifted units like degrees Celsius are supported too. Conversions from and back to strings are provided for all various irregular units. An extensive set of GTK widgets for dealing with dimensioned values is included, though use of GTK is not mandatory for the rest of the library.
- The type Unit denotes the dimension of a physical entity
- The type Measure represents a dimensioned value
- Mixed unit arithmetic. Values in SI (Le Système International d'Unités) units can be mixed with irregular units (such as foot and yard) as long as the result is defined
- Shifted unit support (a widely used instance of a shifted unit is degree of Celsius)
- The type Measure is generic, parameterized by a floating-point type. A non-generic version based on the type Float is also provided
- String to Measure conversion supports as wide set of irregular units as possible
- Currently the powers of the base unit components lie in the range -8..7. This limitation has an implementation reason (absence of 64-bit modular integers in some Ada compilers)
- GTK+ widgets for a comfortable visual measurement unit editing and selection. The rest of the library can be used independently on this part as well as on GTK+
- Ada 95, 2005, 2012 compliant. GTK+ widgets require at least Ada 2005
- Tables for Ada and Strings Edit for Ada libraries are included
Win32 (MS Windows), GTK+
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/unitsofmeasurementforada/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.