This is the Linux app named VIGOR3 whose latest release can be downloaded as VIGOR3.tgz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named VIGOR3 with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
VIGOR is a tool for annotating coding genes in viral genomes. It was developed by Jeffrey Hoover and Shiliang Wang for The JCVI Genomic Sequencing Center for Infectious Diseases (GSCID).
- understands RNA editing, ribosomal slippage, stop codon read-thru & alternate start codons
- annotates mature peptides on polyproteins
- handles spliced, overlapping, and embedded genes
- handles circular, partial, and draft (gapped) genomes
- diagnoses frameshifts in assembly
- includes reference datasets for more than 50 species
- includes tools for creating new reference datasets
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/vigor3/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.