This is the Linux app named Virtual Commons Experiment Software to run in Linux online whose latest release can be downloaded as foraging-0.3.tar.gz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Virtual Commons Experiment Software to run in Linux online with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Virtual Commons Experiment Software to run in Linux online
DESCRIPTION:The Virtual Commons (http://commons.asu.edu) is an open software initiative devoted to computational experiments on collective action and resource governance and funded by Arizona State University's Center for Behavior, Institutions, and the Environment (http://cbie.asu.edu).
NOTE: we've moved our development to GitHub at https://github.com/virtualcommons - please look for the latest versions there.
- real-time client-server interaction with support for arbitrary temporal / spatial complexity
- event-driven experiment framework with support for networking, messaging, persistence, and thread-safe handling of asynchronous events
- clients deployed via Java WebStart / JNLP
- XML configuration for experiments and rounds
- build and deployment via Ant and Ivy or Maven
- web framework for collective action experiments developed in Django w/ support for Celery, RabbitMQ, and socket.io
Non-Profit Organizations, Science/Research, Education, Developers
Java Swing, OpenGL, Web-based
Python, Java, ActionScript, Flex
MySQL, PostgreSQL (pgsql)
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/virtualcommons/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.