This is the Linux app named VisualCube whose latest release can be downloaded as visualcube-src-0.5.1.tar.gz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named VisualCube with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
These instructions are for installing the script on your own web server. If you do not have access to your own server, or would just like to try out the software, please visit:
You will need:
* Access to an Apache web server with PHP and ImageMagic installed.
* A MySQL database. This is optional, but will improve performance if you have a high traffic website.
1. Download the code using the download button on this page.
2. Extract the files into a web-accessible folder.
3. Edit the configuration variables in visualcube.php
4. Point your browser to: www.yourwebsite.com/visualcube.php
- Fully 3D cube visualisation
- Cube dimensions from 1x1x1 to NxNxN. Currently capped at 9x9 for performance.
- Algorithm support
- Complete orientation control
- Multiple image formats
- Custom image size
- Cube and facelet transparency
- Custom colour schemes and background
- Image caching for speedy access
- Cookie configurable variables
- Arrow overlays
- Highly configurable URL-based API
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/vcube/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.