This is the Linux app named VOpR whose latest release can be downloaded as VOpR.001.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named VOpR with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
VOpR - A Virtual Optical Rail
VOpR allows to create and evaluate simple optical systems, in which the basic optical elements are arranged along the optical axis. The current supported optical elements are:
spaces,spherical lenses, circular apertures and flat blocks of some optical medium.
The program has three main components:
1. The database editor. Currently the database can store data about:
-projection properties of light sensors and eyes,
-special wavelengths of light and
-optical systems as lists of basic optical elements.
2. The editor of linear optical systems. Some properties of the optical system are calculated in real time.
3. The virtual optical rail as a ray-tracing simulation of the optical system. The goal is to provide fast and useful diagnostic images, not realistic blur.
Additionally there is full access to the java source code under the terms of the GPLv3.
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/vopr/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.