This is the Linux app named Vuls whose latest release can be downloaded as v0.24.1.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Vuls with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Vuls is open-source, agent-less vulnerability scanner based on information from NVD, OVAL, etc. Vuls uses multiple vulnerability databases NVD, JVN, OVAL, RHSA/ALAS/ELSA/FreeBSD-SA and Changelog. Vuls v0.5.0 now possible to detect vulnerabilities that patches have not been published from distributors. Remote scan mode is required to only setup one machine that is connected to other scan target servers via SSH. If you don't want the central Vuls server to connect to each server by SSH, you can use Vuls in the Local Scan mode. Fast scan mode scans without root privilege, no internet access, almost no load on the scan target server. Deep scan mode scans in more detail. It is possible to acquire the state of the server executing some commands. Vuls v0.5.0 warns not-restarting-processes which updated before but not restarting yet. And detect processes affecting software update in advance.
- Provides high quality scan
- It enables both remote and local, fast and deep scans
- Provides dynamic analysis features
- You can scan vulnerabilites of non-OS packages
- Email and Slack notification supported
- You can analyze the scan results like Excel's pivot table
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/vuls.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.