This is the Linux app named WavePacket (Matlab/Octave) whose latest release can be downloaded as WavePacket-6.1.2.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named WavePacket (Matlab/Octave) with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
WavePacket is a program package for numerical simulation of quantum-mechanical wavepacket dynamics of distinguishable particles. It can be used to solve single or coupled time-independent or time-dependent (linear) Schrödinger and Liouville-von Neumann-equations, partly also classical or quantum-classical Liouville equations. Optionally accounting for the interaction with external electric fields within the semiclassical dipole approximation, WavePacket can be used to simulate modern experiments involving ultrashort light pulses in photo-induced physics or chemistry, including quantum optimal control. Allowing for visualization of dynamics 'on the fly', WavePacket is easy to use .
First established in 2004, the present Matlab version is in a stable, mature state. Further development mainly by Burkhard Schmidt at Free University Berlin. See also our articles at
- Time-dependent/-independent Schroedinger equation
- Liouville-von Neumann equation with Lindblad dissipation models
- Quantum-classical dynamics (surface hopping trajectories)
- Optimal control by external electric fields (semiclassical)
- Dimension reduction by balanced truncation
- Comes with extensive Wiki documentation
- Many demonstration examples with animated graphics
- Visualization 'on the fly', Wigner transforms to phase space
- Latest version 6.1.2 released on 05-Mar-2020
- Approximately 1000 downloads per year
Science/Research, Advanced End Users
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/matlab.wavepacket.p/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.