This is the Linux app named WaveSurfer whose latest release can be downloaded as wavesurfer-1.8.8p5-win-i386.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named WaveSurfer with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
WaveSurfer is an open source tool for sound visualization and manipulation. Typical applications are speech/sound analysis and sound annotation/transcription. WaveSurfer may be extended by plug-ins as well as embedded in other applications.
- Customizable - users can create their own configurations. Localization support.
- Extensible - new functionality can be added through a plugin architecture
- Embeddable - WaveSurfer can be used as a widget in custom applications
- Transcription file formats - reads, and writes HTK (and MLF), TIMIT, ESPS/Waves+, and Phondat. Support for encodings and Unicode.
- Multi-platform - Linux, Windows, OSX
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/wavesurfer/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.