This is the Linux app named webStraktor whose latest release can be downloaded as webStraktor-20140420-R01.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named webStraktor with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
webStraktor is a programmable World Wide Web data extraction client. Its purpose is to scrape HTML based content via the HTTP protocol and extract relevant information. webStraktor features a scripting language to facilitate the collection, the extraction and the storage of information available on the web, including images. The scripting language uses elements of the Regular Expression and xPath syntax. The webStraktor scripting language has a small instruction set and its syntax is easy to master.
The standard webStraktor output format is XML based, either in ASCII, UTF-8 or ISO-8859-1 (Latin1) code pages.
webStraktor relies on the Apache HttpClient for retrieving content via the HTTP protocol. It adheres to the Robots Exclusion Protocol and it can be configured to operate in an anonymous way by connecting to the predominant types of web proxy servers.
webStraktor extends the functionality of web crawlers, spiders or bots by integrating scraping and crawling capabilities.
- programmable web crawler (web spider or web bot)
- easy to master scripting language
- java swing based graphical development environment
- UTF8 or ISO-8859-1 XML output
- integrates with readily available scheduling applications
- exhaustive configuration
- web proxy server support
- robot exclusion protocol support
- configurable User Agent signature
- step by step tutorial and example scripts
- Apache HttpClient based
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/webstraktor/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.