This is the Linux app named WikiVis (UM) whose latest release can be downloaded as WikiVis-UM.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named WikiVis (UM) with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
This tool provides an interactive visualization of the Wikipedia information space, primarily as a means of navigating the category hierarchy as well as the article network. The project is implemented in Java, utilizing the Java 3D package.
This was a student project in 2004-2005 at the University of Macau. This is the code from April 2005 that was finally uploaded to SourceForge in 2012 for archival purposes and to meet the demand from Wikipedia researchers world-wide.
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/wikivis-um/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.