This is the Linux app named Windows console tone generator whose latest release can be downloaded as Tone.7z. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Windows console tone generator with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Windows console tone generator
Was unable to find simple program to generate sound using a batch file or windows console. I needed this and thought at first that everyone and their brother had already written a simple program to output a sound using the default sound device on a windows 32 or 64 computer by typing tone plus frequency and duration (in milliseconds) Tone 1000 2000 (1khz at 2 seconds) great for server farms. This is a spin-off of a project of controlling a inteliport III. I got lazy and will just use mp3 files to do the job. This program is written using windows API calls and works on 32/64 bit systems (apple macbook pro using win 7 32 bit pro and also a 64 bit hp computer running win 7 ultimate 64. I did find out this had problems running on a 32 bit eee pc 901 running winXp with a realtek HD audio output…I concluded the problem might be with the sound driver.
Usage: tone 440 1000 generates 440hz tone for 1 second
this was compiled using Code blocks with gcc.
Source code included
- Sound generator
- Tone generator
- Windows Console sound/tone generator
Win32 (MS Windows), Console/Terminal
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/gbmillertonegenerator/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.