This is the Linux app named WipeFreeSpace whose latest release can be downloaded as wipefreespace-2.5.tar.gz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named WipeFreeSpace with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
WipeFreeSpace is a program to securely erase/wipe/overwrite the free space on file systems to prevent recovery of deleted sensitive data.
This allows protecting the user's privacy when e.g. selling the drive or the whole computer.
The following filesystems are supported:
- Wipes the free space (unused blocks/clusters)
- Wipes the slack space (free space in partially-used blocks/clusters)
- Wipes deleted files' metadata (e.g. names)
- Supports many filesystem types
- Supports many wiping methods
- Doesn't decrease the free space while working
- Has command-line and graphical interfaces
- Written with security and portability in mind
Information Technology, Advanced End Users, System Administrators, Security Professionals, Security
Java Swing, Console/Terminal
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/wipefreespace/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.