This is the Linux app named Xiphos (see github) whose latest release can be downloaded as xiphos-4.0.4-20150830.tar.gz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Xiphos (see github) with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Xiphos (see github)
DESCRIPTIONA cross-platform Bible application for the Linux & Windows communities.
Xiphos is no longer developed at SF; the SVN tree has been locked, the mailing lists are disabled, and we have moved to GitHub. Please see https://github.com/crosswire/xiphos.
Releases up to 4.0.4 are present here. From 4.0.5 onward, see GitHub.
- Fully integrated, tabbed interface for Bible/commentary/dictionary
- User content support: hierarchical bookmarks, personal verse annotations, journals, prayer lists
- Power search capability; footnotes and xrefs; detached windows; text-to-speech support
- Strong's and morphology support, including pseudo-interlinear
- Linux and Windows (XP & later) platforms with active support in IRC and mailing lists
Non-Profit Organizations, Religion, End Users/Desktop
Gnome, X Window System (X11), Win32 (MS Windows)
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/gnomesword/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.