This is the Linux app named Yay whose latest release can be downloaded as v11.0.2.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Yay with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Yay uses an hash cache for development packages. Normally it is updated at the end of the package install with the message Found git repo. If you transition between aur helpers and did not install the devel package using yay at some point, it is possible it never got added to the cache. yay -Y --gendb will fix the current version of every devel package and start checking from there. Yay resolves all dependencies ahead of time. You are free to edit the PKGBUILD in any way, but any problems you cause are your own and should not be reported unless they can be reproduced with the original PKGBUILD. Yay uses git diff to display diffs, which by default tells less not to page if the output can fit into one terminal length. This behavior can be overridden by exporting your own flags (export LESS=SRX). Use yay -Y --devel --save to make development package updates permanently enabled (yay and yay -Syu will then always check dev packages).
- Advanced dependency solving
- PKGBUILD downloading from ABS or AUR
- Completions for AUR packages
- Query user up-front for all input (prior to starting builds)
- Find matching package providers during search and allow selection
- Remove make dependencies at the end of the build process
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/yay.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.